Tuesday, October 30, 2007

One of those 'what the heck' moment

My previous posts were of a rather serious nature. This one is just simply weird. And it happened this afternoon.

After finishing a meeting at a business building in town, I went out to my car. I hadn't noticed it before when I had gotten out because I was running a little late, but I noticed near a tree in the shadow of the building a mass of white stuff flecked with dirt and leaves.

It looked like a pile of packed snow.

No way. Sure it was the right time of year for snow, but not that much and there hadn't been any snow fall yet. Certainly not enough for a pile that size. My best guess was two feet wide and maybe a foot tall.

I went over to it to see if someone had pulled a prank. The pile rested in a depression, but the area was pretty open. There was no way I could see snow staying in that spot through a Minnesota summer.

So I touched the pile. It was without a doubt snow.

Perplexed, I went back inside and found someone to ask about it. The lady I stopped said she didn't know how it got there, but it had only been there for a couple days.

The mystery deepens. How could that have happened? It was far too warm for snow at the time.

How did it get there? I have no idea. But it definitely isn't normal.

No comments: